Lunar New Years Day and First Day of Spring
February 3rd, 2011 Lunar New Year Day
1. Wake up in the new Lunar year and early in the day wish well to your family and people you know who you would meet today (at the minimum). Traditionally, this greeting ritual last about 15 days. Call or see your parents and in-laws to wish them good health and wellness in the new lunar cycle. Call people you care about throughout the day.
2. Wear new clothes today (at a minimum, new undergarments).
3. Start with good thoughts, relax mind and a grateful heart, then, approach your altar or the positive energy space of your home to do a prayer to tap into the divine energy that can grant you blessings. Prayer and recite your wishes for this lunar new year, then, go about your day as if your wishes were already a reality so that your emotional state of mind feels contend, at peace and happy. You need to set the tone with a positive mode that keeps your mind feeling confident, optimistic, motivated, inspired and empowered.
This is like the visualization that many spiritual people in the west already adapted, but, not quite yet synch with the lunar calendar transitional time that has greater affect on our emotional and energetic state. (Being that the last Lunar Eclipse was a full moon and a Winter Solstice of 2010, it is ever more crucial for people who want good luck to do these 3 days of Good Luck Ritual to counteract the reduced energy overshadowing us).
4. If there is no health concern, it is good to have the breakfast with sweets and concluding with sweet treat you already prepared for the lunar new year. Ideally, it is best to be a vegetarian in this first meal and if possible, throughout the whole day and night. If one wants mercy, it is good to be merciful first.
5. Traditionally, red couplets with good luck theme would be pasted on doors facing outside and throughout the interior. Red lantern is also put up by the entrance too.
6. If time allows, visit a spiritual site to pay respects, do a prayer mentioning your wishes and how you would reciprocate to good causes by the end of the year of wishes granted)
7. Maintain a positive energy field that is relaxed, kind and forgiving mentally. Be positive in your manner and verbal exchange with people. Don’t get upset or say negative things or words.
8. Try to stay away from people who can trigger negative emotions or thoughts in you.
9. Try to mingle and meet people who make you feel good and or that they are more blessed in your view of having good things.
10. Throughout the day, a relax mind usually enables good ideas to come through that you could initiate throughout the year.
11. Meditate or do gentle chi exercise (Tai Chi, Yoga) that regulates the energy flow within to create the balance that helps set the tone to the rest of the year.
12. Don’t clean or throw things out or pour water on the ground, don’t use scissors or knives that cut energy (if possible), don’t write or mail checks.